Sunday, December 21, 2008

20 Christmas Facts about me!

Alright, so I know Jenn already did this, but it looked like a lot of fun, and I wanted to do it myself! So either skip it, or enjoy learning 20 new (or old) facts about me!

1.Eggnog or Hot Chocolate?
Well honestly, it would have to be Hot Chocolate! I love it, and the more chocolate, the better! I have to put tons on mallows, cinnamon, and a pinch of Hazelnut creamer, and it's perfect! Now don't get me wrong, I love eggnog, but I can't drink it like I can Hot Chocolate, I have to have a little at a time.

2.Does Santa wrap presents or set them under the tree? Both! Santa wraps presents and puts them under the tree, how else would they get there, or get wrapped? This is Chris's and I's first Christmas together, not at my parents house, and we are already at work being Santa and the Elves, it's so much fun!!

3.Colored or white lights on tree and house? I always grew up with colored lights on both, and Chris grew up with white on both. I definitely like the big old fashioned colored light bulbs on the house, and Chris agrees with me, but right now we have white lights on the tree, just because we got it for free from his work and it was pre-lit with white. I think white lights on a tree are very classy, like for a dining room, but I think that colored lights are perfect for a growing family, with homemade ornaments, it just seems more real and magical.

4.Do you hang mistletoe? Not any more, especially since you can't find very much mistletoe in Utah. But let me tell you, back before I was married and living with my family in Oklahoma, I would set up Mistletoe every year, and kiss as many boys as I could! Just kidding, I didn't need mistletoe to do that! ;)

5.When do you put your decorations up? Chris tries to start listening to Christmas music in October, so I have to fight him off until the day after Thanksgiving. Once that day comes, I have no power over him, and all the decorations come out and are put up! Oh, and the non-stop Christmas music starts!

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? My favorite holiday dish, I'm guessing this means dinner, is just the traditional Ham with my mom's pineapple glaze, mashed potatoes, rolls, punch, and any other side that goes with this meal! I am making it this year for my family, (Mom, Dad, and Bryce), so I hope I do half the job I grew up knowing.

7.Favorite holiday memory as a child? My favorite memory of all time as a child was when I was sharing a room with my big sister Jennifer, and I remember she woke me up, not because she stole all the blankets for once ;) , but because she was going to sneek me down before we were allowed, and show me all the spoils Santa brought!! It was the best Christmas ever! I got a guinea pig, Chloe, from Santa, and I was the happiest little girl ever!! That is my favorite memory ever!

8.When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I honestly don't really remeber. I wasn't the kid who became depressed after finding out that Santa was my parents. I think I just came to a realization of it, and then I did all I could to try and help my Mom be Santa, and fill the stockings and put presents under the tree. She always told me she didn't know what I was talking about, but she eventually came around and I got to help her! :)

9.Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Well, it depends. Of course we were always allowed to, but when I was growing up, it was always a competition between me and my little brothers about who had the most presents to open on Christmas morning. So if they didn't open one, then neither would I, because I'd have one less present to open than them on Christmas morning! I still kinda feel that way with Chris! Just Kidding...

10.How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Chris and I have a 7.5 foot pre-lit tree, but it won't fit inside our 6 foot tall ceiling in our basement home, so we bought a 3 foot "Charlie Brown" tree. It's not really a Charlie Brown tree, but it is tiny. It has a strand of white lights, and then we decorate it with a few ball ornaments, red and silver, and then some other homemade, and hallmark ornaments that have significant meaning. Over time we'll get more and more ornaments ffrom our kids, and I hope someday it looks like the one I had growing up.

11.Snow. Love it? Or Dread it? This year I love it!! Since were staying in Provo this year for Christmas, I don't have to dread the fatal ride home to Oklahoma through the snow packed Vail pass, and any other dangerous spots. Last year when we had to do that and it took 5 hours from Denver to Colorado Springs, (normally a 45 minute drive), I wanted to die, I thought I was going to, and I have never hated snow so much in my ENTIRE life! My family is taking that drive this year, so pray that they're safe!

12.Can you ice skate? Of course I can ice skate, I too am pretty naturally gifted. I can do some spins and jumps and stuff too! I think that's pretty good for going once or so a year!

13.Do you remember your favorite gift? Well I have a lot of favorite gifts, they include my guinea pig, this big clown bear from my sister Jenn, a big white gorilla and many others. But of course, my favorite of all would have to be my engagement ring from Chris 2 years ago! :)

14.What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Spending time with family, and doing things for others. I love being a secret Elf and Santa to Chris, it is so much fun! I also, of course, love the FOOD, along with the songs, snow, decorating, parties, and break from school!!

15.What is your favorite holiday dessert? Favorite dessert, seriously?? I have to choose? Well, I can't. A few of my favorites though include toffee (Jenn's is the best), my mom's sugar cookies!! Those are the best on earth! Snickerdoodles, cinnamon rolls, and many others!

16.What is your favorite holiday tradition? My favorite holiday tradition was lining up on the stairs Christmas morning with my entire family and taking pics! It was fun, and everyone is tired and in their PJ's, but at the same time the suspension is growing to see the presents and what Santa brought for us! Chris and I won't be able to do that for a few more years, but I hope we'll be able to! Oh and another one which I'll be missing this year is like Jenn said, gathering around the piano and singing Christmas songs together as a family. Mom would play whatever we wanted, and we would sing all night long!

17.What tops your tree? Sadly, nothing tops our tree yet, we haven't found our own special star, angel, or whatever it's going to be yet, but we will soon :)

18.Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Both, I know that is very selfish to say, but it is fun getting gifts. But I guess if I had to choose, giving is the best, especially if it's anonymous. It's so fun to see someone's face when they get a present and they don't know who it's from! I think it's one of the big meanings of Christmas, to give to others and be selfless to those who can't have it.

19.What is your favorite Christmas song? Probably O Holy Night. I just love that song, and it's the true meaning of Christmas, it's about our Savior. I just think it's a very powerful and emotional song. Favorite songs that I can actually sing or like listening to include Carol of the Bells, Rudolph, Have a Holly Jolly Christmas, Baby it's Cold Outside, It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, ok so I like a lot!


20.Candy Canes? Yuck or Yum? I love candy canes! Yummy! I really like any flavor too, except licorice, yuck! I usually like to make them really pointy and poke my little brothers, but I always end up cutting my tongue when I do that. I guess it's Karma :)

Well there are 20 Holiday facts about me, I hope you enjoyed! Merry Christmas!!

2 comments:

KelBelle said...

I enjoyed reading all about your Christmas facts! How come they are all about Jenn? I better step it up a bit. I LOVE the toffee she makes! Also, wasn't it fun to tote around our stockings, which were full of candy? I love Christmas!

Jenn said...

I LOVED it!! I think it's fun to find out what things stick out in the minds of siblings, since we all experienced the same thing!

I'm also glad they were about me... :P (I think that's the little thing for sticking my tongue out at Kelly)!

Thank Brian's mom Sharon for the toffee recipe!! It is fantastic! So far, I have made 5 batches of it to give away!

And Kelly, you'd better get on it, tomorrow is Christmas!!