Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Denver Road Trip, Part 1

Ok, so we took a road trip to Denver during Valentine's Day weekend, it was so much fun! There are a million pictures, so I'm starting at the end and working my way up, so here are the pictures from the nature and science museum we went to, it was awesome! They had a natural disaster exhibit so Chris really wanted to go! We weren't allowed to take pics in that exhibit, but it was cool, just take my word for it :)



Those butterflies were freakin huge!

Ok so they had this heat sensor camera and when I lifted my arms my armpits were all red, which means that they were reall hot, and Chris couldn't stop laughing so he made me take a picture... :(


This was so cool to me, it's like a porcupine. It's a huge gemstone and every little piece sticks out

I'm a ghost, no the flash was just REALLY bright

This is the largest Topaz on earth, it is 10,500 carats

This was a sample of what we would see in the natural disaster exhibit, it's a telephone pole that's been through a hurricane

Chris Loves Bears :)

This is a model of the largest Grizzly Bear on record, it's like 10 feet tall


Aren't the baby seals so cute!








Garden of the Gods







Colorado is so pretty!

You like that butt shot??




Woo woo!


A little harder Chris, you almost got it!




This is my seductive look, just kidding, it was just super bright


This is called the balancing rock, pretty sweet

3 comments:

KelBelle said...

oooohhhh!! I like your new, fancypants, pink, polka-dot blog! Who helped you with that? I'm thinking I should change mine soon...

I love all the pictures! Especially your seductive look and the butt shot! I'm surprised there was anything else in the butt shot picture, ha, ha!! just kidding! We can't wait to see you this weekend! I love you! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Colleen, it looks like you had a great time in Colorado! Nice pictures! Put up a picture of your new hair cut sometime soon! Love, Mom

Ruggles said...

Colleen, I don't know if you knew this or not, but you are absolutely beautiful! My favorite is the one right above the Pike's Peak picture. I love you girl!