Sunday, May 31, 2009

Last Bit of Denver :)

So, these are the last pictures from Denver! We went for valentine's day weekend and my birthday... I know, these pics are REALLY old :) Just think of how many you have to look forward to! We left for Denver at like 10pm, and slept in the car at a truckstop. It was possible the most uncomfortable night of sleep in my life! We laid down the back seat of the Jetta, but it didn't lay flat, there was like a 6 in difference from the bottom half and top half of the place we were sleeping, so yeah, bad cramps. We went to sleep at like 1am, and had lots of blankies and made the car really warm, and then turned it off and slept for a bit. When we woke up, there were like 3 inches of snow on the car with more falling, and it was freezing! Plus, my entire body was soooo sore! SO we got up and drove the rest of the way, and got there at like 10am, and went straight to the Zoo. It was Valentine's Day, but also free Zoo day! The Denver Zoo is really, really cool! And it was so nice to go for free! Here are some pictures of the zoo, enjoy!





The fog in Wyoming on the way there was insane! We couldn't see 5 feet in front of us in some spots! It was really scary actually, and the snow on the road made it worst!





Zebras!

Hyena, he was really big!


I don't know what this was, a jackall or something, it's cool looking thought, huh?



The peacocks roamed free, you could get really close sometimes


This lizard looks like it's praying, it was so cute!

Ginormous snapping turtle! These things scare the crap out of me! They could bite your leg off, and they're just swimming in the rivers!


Nemo and Dory... :) (Finding Nemo)

This fish was bright Orange, it was way cool!

Lion fish! I remember when Jenn had one of these, or at least I think she did

The seahorses are sooo cute!

Interracial relationships happen even with snakes... :) haha

Cute little baby giraffe looking at Chris

Arctic Wolf or fox...

2 humped camels

Some mixture of all sorts of animals :)

Chris hates the Longhorns! (Texas)

Go Cougars!


Awww, so cute!

Sweet eagle putting on a little show for us with it's wings!

3 comments:

Erica said...

what a great zoo...Shane and I took a road trip down to texas in our earlier years of marriage to watch a baseball game, after the game we drove through the night and slept some in the car (it was miserable) arriving in the morning at the beach. That night we stayed in a really junky hotel...I don't know what were thinking. The game and beach were pretty fun though.

Jenn said...

That's a pretty cool zoo!! I love the wooden animals!! We actually had a dragonfish, but they look a lot alike.

On the way to Oklahoma our first Christmas there was a HUGE blizzard in Wyoming, they shut down most of I80 and all the semi-trucks had pulled over and we kept going at about 15 miles an hour. Couldn't see a dang thing and finally pulled over. We had three things of cardboard in front of the radiator, tons of blankets, the heater going full blast (we ended up just turning it off because it was just blowing freezing air around) and the inside of the car was still getting frozen ice on it (our breath would fog up and freeze). It was quite the experience.

Glad you guys made it safely (back in February...).

KelBelle said...

Ha, ha, ha! Interracial relationships! Well, one time, Dustin and I drove from Utah to California to visit the Morrisons..we arrived in CA really early in the morning, say 3:00am. All the doors were locked. Instead of just...I don't know...KNOCKING, Dustin insisted that we sleep in our truck...in the driveway! It sucked. I was so uncomfortable, and I was quite angry to know that a nice, cozy bed was so close...yet so far away! If it were our parents, I'd have gone as far as knocking on the window, calling, ringing the bell...you know, whatever it took!

I love all the pictures! Looks like a really neat zoo! You didn't call me back tonight--I need to talk to you about our Vegas trip! Love you!!