Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Colleen Moment

Ok, so I'm sorry that I haven't posted anything in a long time, but I have a lot coming! I have some birthday pics and stories, as well as a trip to Denver Chris and I took a couple weekends ago, so lots of stuff is coming! I just have to get through my 2 biggest midterms. Anyway, I have a story to get you through the next week until I post something else.

Chris and I now work at the same place, and we try to carpool as much as possible. One day we carpooled, and in the middle of the day I had to leave for classes, and then I would come back to pick up Chris. Chris and I met in the break room to share a sandwich for lunch, and when we were done I told him I was leaving, and he said that he was going to the bathroom before he had to clock back in. He began to walk to the other side of the breakroom, so I assumed he was going to the individual bathroom on that side of the building to do his duty. So I went back to my desk and clocked out, and got ready to leave for school, and was almost out the door when I realized that Chris still had the car key. So I went back to his desk, and he wasn't there, so I thought that he must still be in the bathroom. So I walked over to the bathrooms (it is just an individual bathroom, 1 toilet) and I waited for everyone to clear out of the hall, and then I loudly said, "Chris" to see if he would answer inside the bathroom. No answer came, so I proceeded to repeat myself a few more times, a little louder and louder each time, still no answer! So then my boss came walking down the hall, he was leaving work, and he said, "I thought you already left" and I told him that Chris was in the bathroom and that I needed the key! So he told me to knock, and then left. So I thought, it has to be Chris in here, so I knocked and said "CHRIS!!" and then I jiggled the handle. Right then I got a reply text from Chris ( I had previously asked him to open the door and give me the key in a text) that said, "Colleen, I'm at my desk, come get the key!" Oh, crap! I ran away from that men's bathroom as fast as I could, and then took a different way out of the building. I hope no one finds out my husband's name is Chris or I'll be the crazy lady who almost knocked down the door trying to get a key from a man I don't even know. Anyway, that's my embarrassing story of the week, be back soon! :)

3 comments:

Jenn said...

THAT IS AWESOME!! Only you, Colleen, would knock on some guys individual bathroom while yelling your husband's name.... I bet there was some guy in it just waiting to fart until you left.

Amber said...

hahahahaha

KelBelle said...

Ha, ha, ha--you dork! You should just fess up and do a bit of detective work to see who is talking about you now! When did Chris start working there? How was your dinner at G-ma's house yesterday? How did your mid-term go today? Call me tomorrow or later this week for a little chat! Love you Beanie!!