WARNING! PICTURES MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR YOUNGER VIEWERS OR THOSE WITH WEAK STOMACHS.... PROCEED WITH CAUTION
Snowboarding & Stitches, this was a fun experience we had during the Christmas break. Chris, Bryce, Ricky, Morgan, and I all went snowboarding on the Saturday after Christmas. Bryce was doing so good, and even I wasn't doing too shabby! Chris and I had made quite a lot of runs, and by the 2nd or 3rd I could make it the whole way down without falling, (sometimes I would just sit down to wait for Chris or something, cause I was tired), but no falling unless it was on purpose :) So Chris and I got Ricky & Morgan's keys so that we could go eat some lunch before finishing the rest of the day. So after eating, we returned to the slopes and our first run down, disaster struck! It was so horrible, because it was my best run of the whole day, I was going fast, no falling, and it was great! So I made it down to the bottom, and I'm waiting for Chris. I see him coming down the home stretch and I turn away for a second, and when I look back, I see Chris and this other guy had collided and tumbled down the mountain a bit. But they both got up as if nothing happened, and kept boarding down the mountain. Well, I found out later that as Chris was snowboarding down, he heard this guy come up behind him cussing up a storm, because this guy was out of control! So he hit Chris, and Chris said that it was ok, no big deal, and the guy asked Chris, "Are you sure nothing happened?" Chris then happily replied that nothing happened, it was just a little collision. So Chris comes down the rest of the mountain, and sits down by me, and we realize that the 3 inches of pants he was wearing were torn through. So we take our boards off and go to the side to investigate the situation a little further. We also saw a little bit of blood on his pants, but we just thought that maybe he got a little scratch or something. So Chris takes his pants off, (don't get too excited, he had shorts on underneath :) ) and when he pulled them down, I ound myself staring at a 4in laceration across his knee, that was as deep as the bone! It through me into shock because I was just expecting a little scratch! Plus, I guess I inherited this weak stomach from my dad because I could barely look at it! So I'm bawling my eyes out, trying to call my dad, ricky, morgan, anyone, and Chris says to me, "Uh, I think I'm gonna go find the medical place." So he walks off without me! And I'm still sitting there hysterical, people are looking at me wondering who just died probably. So I finally get a hold of everyone and go to find Chris. He had to be tobboganed up to the top of the mountain where the medical clinic was. The crazy thing is, is that Chris didn't feel a thing! Until they started putting in his stitches...
This is when everything was happy, the cut had already happened, but Chris didn't know. And yes I know that I look really fat! The goggles were pushing my already fat cheeks down! :(
That's better
This is Chris, ready to ride up to the clinic
He's so happy, doesn't even feel a thing
I was riding on the back of the snowmobile that was dragging Chris. This guy who was helping us skiied behind Chris.
Here's Chris, before he got stitches
Looks pretty good huh? Well, then we went home and Chris kept bending his knee, which resulted in the other pictures below...
The doctor, who signed a souvenir shirt for Chris as, "To my favorite laceration this year!" The Doc said that it was the worst laceration he had seen this year, cool huh?
Ok, so this is after we've been home for about a day, it started smiling at us, and bleeding, it was so gross!
Well, I hope you enjoyed, I know most of you had seen and heard the story already, but just a reminder :) More posts to come!
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Stitches & Snowboarding
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I read this when you posted it, I thought I'd commented, but alas, I guess not.
Gash looks pretty bad...glad Chris is such a tough guy! Heh, I'm looking forward to seeing the scar.
Heh, I just figured out that I saw all this on facebook...I'm such a dork!
It DOES look like it's smiling! Ha, ha! You look the best in that first picture--makes me want to pinch your cute cheeks! Chris is a rock. Does he ever get phased? You, on the other hand....well, let's just go back to Betsy and the mountain. Love you, Bean!!
I have been wanting to comeback and comment on this post, but wasn't sure I could face the pictures again...I managed. I can't believe Chris is so happy with a huge gash in his knee. This would be in top ten best posts I have read.
Post a Comment